Friday 11 July 2014

First Impression - Hairwonder Hair Repair Cream

Welcome to the first installment of First Impression! The first leave-in I'm reviewing is the Hairwonder hair repair cream, a leave-in I've had laying around for a while. I'll be honest, I did try a bit of it on dry ends once, and it didn't seem to do much at all. I've never tried it on wet hair as a part of my LOC-routine though, and that's what I've done this time. First, some info about the product.

According to the website, this is a protein-filled leave-in that will instantly make your hair healthy, shiny, silky soft, and easy to comb. It's supposed to strengthen the hair and prevent splits and damage. It'll work for all hair types, and can be used daily.
I'm quite skeptical to using this daily, but that's just me.

Full ingredients list (from beautynaturals.com):
Aqua (Water), Quaternium 87, Ceateryl Alcohol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, PEG-15 Cocopolyamine, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Panthenol, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Parfum (Fragrance), Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Leaf) Extract, Cassia Angustifolia (Leaf) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria Flower) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Leaf) Extract, Panax Ginseng (Root) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Leaf) Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene.

Key ingredients:
Jojoba seed oil
Provitamin B5
Vitamin E
Corn protein
Wheat protein
Soy protein
Rooibos leaf extract
Green Tea leaf extract
Senna leaf extract
Matricaria flower extract
Hops extract
Lemon Balm leaf extract
Ginseng root extract
Rosemary leaf extract

There's a lot of protein in here, which is why I've been wary of this product. I've read a lot of horror stories about protein overload on LHC, and they've scared the crap out of me. I do think that a bit of protein every now and then is beneficial though, and I don't think this leave-in will destroy my hair. I sure hope it wont! =P

My first impression:
I used this leave-in as the C in LOC, meaning I put it on after Nightblooming's Triple Moon oil and Freya salve. I reduced the amount of oil and salve this time, because I didn't want to put too much product on my hair.

Texture: Smooth and creamy, very easy to apply.

Smell: Doesn't really smell like much, but it's not good. However, the scent disappears after it has been applied to the hair.

After drying: My hair dried as normal, though I did have more spirals than I usually do. My hair didn't look shiny, but it never does before it has been brushed.

Detangling: This went surprisingly smooth. Despite detangling my hair before washing, I always end up with tangles after I'm done. I brush these out when my hair is dry/a bit damp, and it can take anything from 10 minutes to half an hour (or more). This time, it only took me 5 minutes to brush all of my hair with the Tangle Teezer.

Overall: I'm quite pleased with the results. It has been a few days since I put the leave-in on, and my hair is still soft and shiny, and very easy to detangle. My hair feels a bit producty, but that's likely because I accidentally put too much leave-in on. I wouldn't use this daily, but I think for occasional use it'll be fine. I'll continue to experiment, and I'll write another review in a few months. 

I'm also adding a picture of my hair on day 2 after wash day. It was very smooth and silky, and my waves were almost brushed straight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment