Wednesday 30 July 2014

First Impression: The Turbie Twist

The amazing, magical towel that dries your hair super-fast, solves all your problems, and makes you look fabulous! Got a bad hair day? Put on the Turbie Twist and make a fashion statement!
http://meninasuitcase.deviantart.com/art/RainbowBummiesParade-167261241

Ok, I'll stop now.

I've read about this product on LHC many times, and I've seen it on various blogs and vlogs, but I've always put it off as something that would never work for me. Then I saw a video of CinnamonHair using it on her superlong hair, and I decided that if she could use it, I definitely could. And so I bought a 2 pack, purple of course, and somehow it managed to arrive on the day before wash day. Magical! 
Yes, I had to borrow a picture from google this time, because I ripped my box in pieces, one towel is wet, and the other is... hidden somewhere in that black hole I call a closet.


I still had my doubts about it, especially after opening the packet and seeing how small-ish it was. Not exactly small, but it didn't seem big enough to hold all my hair. Turns out I was very, very wrong. I actually have lots of room to grow in, and I think the main reason for that is that my hair is so thick. Twisting my hair up and putting it over my head really eats up a lot of length, and I didn't have much hair to put in the twisty loopy thing (I know that doesn't make much sense, but I had a hard day at work and my brain isn't working properly). 

As for drying capacities, I'm very impressed. Actually, make that incredibly, extremely, super-impressed. I  left my hair in the Turbie Twist for about 15-20 minutes, and it had dried up a lot during that short amount of time. It wasn't wet or drippy when I took it down, it really didn't drip at all while I put on my leave-ins and serum. Some parts, like the very ends, had almost dried completely! During regular air-drying draped over a towel, my hair remains drippy for a very long time, and it takes ages for it to dry.

After I had applied products to my hair, I draped it over a towel, as I usually do, and then waited for it to dry. It didn't take long. I think my hair was almost completely dry after some 3-4 hours, which is pretty amazing for me, as my usual drying time is 8-12 hours.

My first impression of the Turbie Twist is very positive, and I'll continue to use it. It's so easy to use, and it really speeds up the drying. I'll report back in a few months and let you guys know if I still love it.
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Emotes/_love__by_cookiemagik-d35xgjx_zpsaeb13ae3.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment